Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fascination With Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World #2

Moxie Fab World Fascination with Feathers take two. Yes my imagination took flight but this time I made my own feather and an  ink well.
The background paper is from Graphic 45's Communique Collection. The other elements are cut from one sheet from My Mind's Eye 6X6 Designer Pad -Lost and Found. 

I created the feather from the same background paper using my craft knife. I cut tiny lines from the center out and up. Lot's of tiny little cuts! Learn how here. This gal is so talented and clever, don't be surprised if you spend a lot of time there.

I distressed it with vintage photo ink and ran a line of  Glossy accents up the center to create a quill effect, then when it was dry I inked over it. I cut the ink well from a scrap of black card stock and dry embossed it to create the roundness. That too was covered with Glossy accents and when dry I used a gold Metallic Gelly Roll Sakura Pen to write "ink" and added the little dots. It's attached with dimensional squares.


I hand cut each of the other elements and glued them on dark brown card stock then trimmed each of them again. I used the gold pen to outline all the frames...I just love this pen. I have it in silver blue and green. Can't wait to use them too! 


Thrift store find- 2 boxes of  plain invitations (both 20 count)...blank inside...$1.59.
I recycled this one by covering it with a brown paper bag. Then I used the rest to make the envelope-lined with some plaid scraps.




Using the Communique paper and all the embellishments I'm trying to communicate a message...Can you guess what that is?


A little side note here. I awoke early and came in my studio (5 AM) to complete this second post for Fascination with Feathers. But first I decided to look at the other entries for this challenge. When I clicked on the link to visit Sanketi  I stayed for a long visit. She tells a story worth looking at. Just click on her name the link will take you there.

"Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius." Henri-Frederic Amiel

My sister loves the quotes on my posts...do you?
Be well and craft on!
Carole 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card!
    Thank you so much for such generous comments on my blog!...thanks for the kind mention..it means a lot to me...you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're handmade feather is fabulous! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carole! Thanks again for linking up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by after entering Mojo 244 (6/10) and had to tell you how much I like this card! I have that paper and would love to CASE your card. It is a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.