Monday, March 26, 2012

Pocket watch in a denim pocket envelope

I really like shaped cards and this one was inspired by Larrisa. Her name is the link to her blog. I found the card on Pinterest. I'm addicted. I have to stop myself from looking and get to creating. 

I took this card a little further by adding the denim pocket envelope I created just for this card. The top of the envelope is tucked in so you can see the pocket watch. Notice that little linked chain. A bit time consuming but this whole project was so much fun.

I'm thinking that if I get 11 more followers and email subscribers... I'll offer the file I created for FREE. I've been blogging since last June so 50 followers will be a milestone. 

Now for the next shot. I love the embossing and how I dry embossed it so it's rounder. Hard to tell it's paper...right? That chain link is so many little circles cut with my cricut then split to link it...then another split circle glued to enclose them. I was on the phone talking to my darling sister while gluing these together.

Up next is the inside. I used a free clock face from friendlyscrap.  
I cut some acetate and layered over the face to mimic glass. I cut two rims to overlay the face and two rims for the bottom just for a finished effect. I used one of the inner cut for the pocket that the removable note is tucked into.

I'm very pleased with this shaped card, and I love the denim pocket envelope. I will have to figure out how to explain how I did that. 

So if you would like to receive the file and instructions free, all you need to do is sign up to follow or subscribe by email. When I reach 50 followers I will offer it by email. I know it's shameless bribery...but what's a gal to do? I'm just trying to get some attention.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pocket watch card and the little pocket to put it in. If you are still offering the svg file and instructions, I would really appreciate it. You are very talented! Here are some of the cards I make on my blog. http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job! I am making a paper pocket watch for a Mother's Day gift and your blog is the perfect inspiration. Thank you for taking the time to post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.