Thursday, March 6, 2014

Simply Less is More 161 Color: Yellow and Green


"Less is More"



The dogwood tree is my favorite spring blooming tree. So you can understand why I had to order this lovely dogwood die after seeing Chrissie's exquisite creation. I was afraid to get ink any where near the card. 

Golly gee wiz but I'm having fun.  Now that I'm looking at her card...I'm thinking there most be a smaller set of dogwood dies... or the cards is very big. I haven't committed to the sentiment so it's just tucked up under for now. Using lots of scraps to make these lovely blooms just makes me happy. 

The sparkle velum is scored at 1/8th" and it floats using the in-layed swirl to adhere to the base. I have to stop myself from adding pearls and lace.


I've been using the swirl die quite a bit and it's great for the inlays. Notice the stamen...I cut these 3 and now I can't find the tiny die...boho:(  Maybe it will pop up slipped inside something. Believe I've searched but no luck. I couldn't let that stop me so I compromised using a velum center cut and 1/8" punch captured the mimic the centers. 

That's all for now...I'll  get back to playing. This is my second entry in this challenge

Be well ~ Carole


12 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. Would you believe that I think the creation is spectacular on its own, without the background paper. Wow. It just stands out as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the white paper is there but that is all you would need on that second one with the butterfly. Both cards are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Carole, love that die, so pretty! I've just been looking at Loll's latest creation and need to get the hibiscus die that she's used :o)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These designs are so elegant, Carole! Love your use of vellum on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some fabulous cards. You've really done some great things here with the dogwood dies. Very nice and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, a perfect example f 'less is more' - beautiful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours and shapes, beautiful work. I can see the pleasure it gives you making it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exquisite Carole, love those pretty flowers too:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carole this is fab!
    Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
    Anne
    (Guest LIM commenter!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are having a ball and creating some gorgeous makes with those dogwood dies, Carole! I really love the vellum one a lot and I would leave the wedding day sediment off the other gorgeous card. I think it detracts from the beautiful floral display. Oh, wait, did you ask for my opinion? LOL! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.