Thursday, February 23, 2012

MoJo Monday

Wow!!! 161 Entries at this time. A very popular blog challenge. I really like the sketch so I'll play along. I have this fabulous navy blue suede like paper to work with, some quality white card stock that embosses so well... so let's put it all together. 
As always it starts with measurements. My card has 5-3/4" strips embossed and placed 1/4" below the 5 1/2" top fold card and evenly placed 1/2" from edge to edge. A 2.75" white square embossed with Swiss dots is placed over a rectangle, embellished with butterflies added and then a blue and white bow, topped with the sentiment-"Thank You" It's the quality of the paper that makes this card extraordinary. The butterflies are printed on photo paper, edges inked in black and stickles added for some sparkle.


I will also enter this card for a trendy navy blue and white card in "The Cure for the Winter Blues" Challenge at Moxie Fab World. When I start a card I'm never sure where I'm going ...it kind of revels itself as I continue. There are so many possibilities for the focal image, I'm sometimes overwhelmed and sometimes it just develops naturally. 

                                                                                                                                                                     
My next card is for Easter. I want to create a collection of Easter Cards to feature in a Craft Show scheduled on March 31st at a local school. The Optimists Club is sponsoring this craft fair at Daniel Boone's Middle School in Douglasville, PA  
This is the first of many cards I plan on creating for the show. I love this little image of a chick hatching. I used watercolor pencils to color the harlequin embossed water color paper with the soft colors of Easter. I added the delightful ribbon embellishments I won from Barbara's World of Whimcees. So stop back soon to view the continuing collection I plan on creating for this craft show. It will be my first public showing. Wish me well.

So do stop back soon...
I have 3 chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, and three for company.
Henry David Thoreau 
Be well Carole

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carole, you made two beautiful cards! I love the blue and white Mojo Monday card. I love that sketch too! Your Easter card is so festive and cheerful. Those colors have me wishing for spring!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving some love! That is how I found your blog, which I am now following.
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.