Saturday, February 15, 2014

Simply Less is More - Masculine Card

"Less is More"

I haven't played along with this challenge for quite some time. I love looking at all the entries as well as the design team's cards, and this weeks challenge inspired me. The logo pic is the link so check out the guidelines and join the fun.


I liked the way Jen and Chrissie oriented their cards so I did the same top fold. It really seems to work with the navy blue stripes both vertical and horizontal. What I love about this challenge is the simplicity, and so quick and easy to repeat. 


Do you have a preference?


I used some wonderful navy blue swede scraps I purchased years ago from
The Paper Temptress. I wonder if they still sell it. It's so tactile you just want to touch it. I was not sure how it would heat emboss, but it worked fine...I would have used the other side if it didn't. 

The camera really picked up the smudged tape...I'll clean that off with an eraser, it will be fine. I might have added a navy stripe at the bottom but I used the last of the blue swede....then I had to stop myself from adding a gold stripe...less is more!!!

It's a great challenge right? Do we have many masculine cards on hand? I do now, I might even make some more. 

It's snowing again...and none of it is going away. Mountains of plowed snow makes it difficult to look beyond. So I'll just stay home and play.



 I'd love to hear what you think, so if you leave a comment...I'll return the favor and visit you. Be well and thanks for visiting. Carole


4 comments:

  1. I like them both, they sure are masculin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous Carole, the nautical look is perfect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from Wienerhoneymooners. I just love these cards. I am ex-navy. These are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these cards. Awesome. I am a new follower. ♥
    http://kreativekristies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.