Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 234

WOYWW #234 


 If perchance this is the first time you've encountered this weekly blog hop and you want to know the details...  The how to's and what for's are explained here.


 
The top left corner...resting on a red base...sits my pearl filled light bulb...I've been playing with some beads and liked how they looked next to the light bulb. I've also added some tiny chains that are from broken, knotted or just other wise worthless necklaces. I'm thinking about adding drop beads to the end of the chains. My camera battery has a problem staying charged so it shuts off...I've just ordered a new one...but until this one gets recharged...I can't take a close up. So sorry, maybe you'll stop back another time to see the finished blinged out bulb.


I'm heat embossing and dry embossing. Just finishing up some tags and toppers. I bought 2 new embossing folders. I want to make a bunch of quick and simple cards for the consignment shop. It's still dark at 6:15 AM so the picture is poorly lit... 


Do you see the cork on the white paper? I got some eye hooks and key rings to play around with all the corks I've saved. I'll have fun stringing beads and charms to make key rings or what ever else develops.

Well I'm going to put the tags and toppers to the side for now so I can get back to heat embossing...after I go snooping about. Do join in on the fun...you might be surprised what you can learn...when you snoop around like nobody's watching.

14 comments:

  1. Such lovely Christmas cards there! I can't pick a fav as they are all wonderful. Love that you vary them and some are cute, and some are elegant. That snowman family is precious! Winnie#74

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting light bulb - I'll be back :)
    So good to be back desking this week,
    Laura
    :)
    65

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you're working on but especially the icy blue and white cards in the bottom right of shot. They're my favourite Christmas colours, completely gorgeous! The light bulb/poinsettia decorations from the previous post are fun too :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great little projects on the go there - your desk is so neat - I really must go and clear up my jumble!!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LUV the embossed Chrimbo trees and that's a really cool idea with the corks :-)
    Thanks for letting me visit x
    Happy WOYWW #234

    IKE in Greece xx #57

    My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
    My Shop: www.ikesart.com
    My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects here, Carole, so many fun things happening. Thank you for stopping by this week--you're right, by the way, we should be giddy with thanks!

    Happy WOYWW to you!
    :)trisha
    #13 this week
    with another advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought of using corks like that, great idea, hey this gives me a reason to drink more wine, thanks for that. LOL Lovely collection of cards and tags.

    Hugs, Happy Crafting & WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 12

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing what you do with those corks. Have so enjoyed your light bulbs. You certainly seem on top of the prep!
    Hugs and thanks for the earlier visit, Neetxx 23

    ReplyDelete
  9. One christmas when we were all working as wait staff and very poor we saved all the champagne corks, covered them in glue and glitter to decorate our "tree"
    thanks for the visit and stopping by my place
    Robyn14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your lovely visit, Carole. It's always nice to see you. I love all the Christmas busyness on your desk today! Embossing is such fun and I am so taken with your lightbulbs. My mum has lots of old style bulbs so I must have a go at creating some decorations with them. Thanks for the inspiration. Julie Ann xx#55

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cards and those pearls in the lightbulb are gorgeous. Great idea.
    Have a great week.
    Von #27

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've gotten sort of spoiled by your unique creations, Carole, so it came as a surprise to see mostly cards on your desk, LOL!! But beautiful cards they are! You always go the extra mile with your designs and I know your embossing will be admired by the recipients and buyers! Thank you for the visit to me! Happy WOYWW and Happy Thanksgiving with your family tomorrow!! Big hugs, Darnell #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and tags and I like the cork idea!!Have fun and a Wonderful week! Ginny #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am very very late this week, sorry. look forward to seeing your finished lightbulb, sounds intriguing. thanks for the visit
    famfa 2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.