Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Girl Dress Cards

Do you remember playing with paper dolls. I loved cutting out the little dolls, then their clothes with the tabs to hold them on. I'm thinking they came with "Toni girl " home permanent kits. I guess that's why I associate the smell of perms with paper dolls.

 It's funny that our mom gave us home permanents as young girls. We all grew up to have naturally curly hair...that is unless the perms were really permanent. Any way I had a lot of fun with these shaped cards. Lynn Pratt offers a template for free.

After I hand cut one I created a svg file to cut with my cricut. To do that I simply cut a very precise template on black card stock, than scanned it and saved it to my computer. When I opened  the SCAL program I clicked on the trace feature, browsed for the file, previewed it and hit okay. There it was already to size and cut. Then I cut the black template at the fold and scanned the front of the little dress so that I could 
re-size it for the inside of the card and to create the little overlay, shown in white and velum. 


4 yards of  lace at A C Moore's for $1.00 so cute and tiny enough for this dress. It's impossible for me to do the exact same card twice so I played around with the colors and the embossing folders and the embellishments. I think it could be used as an invitation or a birthday card for a young girl or even a welcome to the world baby girl card. Too fun.

  He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.  Aristotle 

Thanks for visiting 
Be well Carole 



5 comments:

  1. These are so sweet. I love the soft pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collections of flower girls dresses pictures.They are beautiful! You are a talented person ! I love this post. amazingly superlative cute girl and dresses, i wish i was there i give lot of kiss and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am helping with a baby shower for a friend who knows she is having a little girl. Is your SVG design available anywhere? I'd really appreciate being able to use it for the name tags I've been asked to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the a great deal of comments in your articles, I suppose I am not the only one having most of the leisure here! Keep up the superb work.kids clothes online australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.