Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Women's Club of Royersford Fashion Show & Luncheon

Greetings..I've been quite involved in our  Women club..."Step Into Fashion" show and luncheon. Here are the signs I made to welcome our guest. The "Best in Shoe" contest and signature cocktail. 

 The center pieces features a blinged out shoe holding a bottle of wine,  
atop a wrapped shoe box. 


I die cut the end pieces using a sizzix frame die. 

I created the high heel svg file then traced it in SCAL [Sure Cuts Alot] 
I love that you can resize the high heels to make little ones for the placecards and our committee name badges. 
Here you can see all the tiny heels stuck to a glue dot ready to be placed on the place card, and the tiny black bows ready to be placed on the shoe box ends.




The black, copper, silver and gold glitter paper cut so well, I used most of the paper pack.




I even made a paper trophy for the winner of the "Best In Shoe" contest. The ruby red shoe had a bottle of Lady in Red wine. 


We had over 40 baskets and bags to raffle off, donations from local businesses and banks. Gift certificates, floral arrangements even a painting by a local artist.






We had a run way  set up down the center of the room for the models to strut their stuff  to the kickin' music the dj was playing. An Elvis impersonator judged the "Best In Shoe" contest after singing "Blue Suede Shoes"

We're still working on the photos...the photographer took over 300 pictures. I will work with them to make collages for the scrap book. As the historian of the club that's one of my duties.
We were all delighted with the profits ....$$$$.... so now we'll be able to increase our community contributions and "Keeping Library Doors Open.

Any way...I've been scheduling appointments to deal with high eye pressures,  glaucoma and cataracts  I'm experiencing high sensitivity to light...even the computer is too bright. The eye drops have there side effects too. So that explains my absence, I'll do my best to tune in when I'm able. Thanks for stopping by.
Be well ~ Carole

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoy following you on Facebook and all the things you are involved in. Vthese shoe tags and bows and tags are super. What an awesome luncheon for the fundraiser...I was just laughing and imagining as if I was there. Sorry sorry about your eyes. I had a macular hole...something I had never heard of. After two surgeons working together I had my vision back but light was a real issue for a while. I wish you the best. My hard drive die and something else is wrong with my Imac so I'm having withdrawals...haha. Thinking of you and wish you the best at the doctor .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, so good to see you here, I do hope you manage to get some relief for your eyes; your projects here are amazing..it must have been a fantastic luncheon, sending hugs and take care, Carole Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Carol! The theme and all the wonderful creative details are just fantastic!! I've been involved in these types of events and I know how much work is involved so high tens to you!! I wish you all the best with your upcoming eye repair and look forward to having you back when you are healed and can see better than ever!! Big hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, this is all so well done! Great theme!

    I miss seeing you post...Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.