Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WOYWW # 206


For the longest time I always felt that the chaos I created on my work space should be cleaned up when I was through for the day. Tools away, papers trimmed and out of sight, glue, dots, scissors, rules....everything in it's place, out of sight. Neat work space. Well I would get a bit frantic returning everything to it's designated space...and it was amazing how everything would be cleared in short order. Except the papers and the cut dies and punched shapes. They would get slipped in to a clear plastic envelope for next time.


What happened over time is a large bin of coordinating paper die cuts, punched elements,  frames etc., in various stages of  in-completion. Sometimes sorting through papers I will pull out an envelope that catches my eye and put a card together in no time.

After snooping on so many desks around the world, I want to have everything possible out, VISIBLE, ready to use. And now I do, declaring this is not a public space, it's a studio space. I just wish I had hard wood floors in here. 

Here I'm working on place cards to match the purse favors. Bird Cards offered this place card file free and at a perfect time for me to use for our fashion show and luncheon. Using the scraps I cut 30 place cards, then using those scraps I punched flowers and leaves. I glued the inside circle scrap adding 2 punched leave clusters and 9 little flowers pinched together for dimension...see the tray full of the floral sprays that will be attached to the place card after we print the name labels. Below 4 bins containing tape,and adhesives, stamps and ink, punches and other various embellishments. 

High and low ready to go...everything within reach You can see the desk wraps around 3 sides with the fourth side open for entry.

Want to play along? Visit the Stamping Ground to find out how.



I'm trying to keep this short....so any questions??? just post it in the comment area, I'll be sure to reply.

 Thanks for visiting,  I'm off to go snooping. Be well ~ Carole

22 comments:

  1. Hi Carole! I used to have a U shaped desk and loved the space it offered. My desk now isn't as functional as the old one. =/ Yours is really nice. Happy Wednesday! SueC#109

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, what I would give to come out of the closet and have a wrap around desk.....it is my fantacy for sure!! You are really on a roll with your place cards, they are darling. I have tried that cleaning up and putting away everything, but then I am like you, have bins and bags and drawers full of things that NEED to be used....LOL I think we are all guilty of that in many ways.
    Krisha #113

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta do what you gotta do! Working space, neat and tidy or chaotic with everything to hand . . . it's whatever works best for YOU!

    Happy WOYWW

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just say no to cleaning! :) I like having everything out and ready to go!

    Katie (122)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work space. My room is so small it pretty much wraps around my desk! LOL! I did finally have to clean as my desk completely disappeared under the mess and I was unable to work. Thanks for visiting and happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #119

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the little purse favours
    Happy woyww
    Hugz Minxy #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little place cards look gorgeous! Wow - creating 30 is no small taks - well done you! Thankyou for snooping around my desk & leaving me a lovely comment - always appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. those little favor baskets are adorable! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #101

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole
    I love those favor baskets they are so pretty and such a great idea for all those scraps we have laying around
    Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
    Ria #21

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made a favour basket, my girls are all grown up but I must practice
    Bridget #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful wrap-around desk you have, Carole! I love that mine is two-sided, but it must be nice to have that third side, too!! Thanks for sharing your designing "studio!" Darnell #37

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup....just finished my 3 week endeavor organizing my room. My space is in the front of the house so I wanted it to be neat for people walking by, not to mention it had gotten out of control. I totally agree that things need to be readily accessible or it won't work. Sounds like you put a lot of thought into it and it's working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful favors and place cards! Very organized space : D. Love your craftdesk. Thanks for visiting : D. #116

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Carol. Darn.. I wish I'd kept up with Bird Cage. I know, like I need one more pretty to play with. My SU order should be here on Friday LOL That will be enough I guess. Love the colors on those little purses. The luncheon attendees will love them! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for becoming a follower :-) Creative Blessings Kelly #124

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, I would love a three sided desk! Pretty place cards and baskets!
    Thanks for stopping by, happy WOYWW!
    RosA # 41

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I can't imagine to put everything away. I find that I work most with the things that are in plain sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely desk Carole and thanks for sharing place card site, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to keep all of her stuff out and easy to just grab! You saw my desk is crazy! And, I have a clear plastic pencil holder that I keep all of my extra "bits" in. When I am stuck for something I go to the clear holder and find not only what I am looking for, but inspiration for the next project! isn't it fun???
    xxDaniella#111

    ReplyDelete
  19. You smart ladies who keep your glue stored upside down! Wonderful bunch of crafty supplies!
    Have fun visiting desks this week,
    Lisa #131

    ReplyDelete
  20. G'day Carole
    thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment for WOYWW. As usual I'm late getting around but here I am at last :o). I just had a giggle to myself when I realized which "Carole" you are as we have been on some yahoo groups together...it didn't click till I saw your full name on the place card in your photo. Yes my hands are healing fast now thanks. Love that you have gone to the other "side" and now don't feel the need to put everything away at the end of the day. Your baskets, flowers and place cards look awesome.
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #11

    ReplyDelete
  21. Popped in to see WOYWW 207, but I guess you aren't playing. Hope you're doing something fun with the grands or something fun with your crafty goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome purse favors! My favorite color too! I didn't make it around much last week so decided I would make it around to see everyone who came to see me last week! I hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.