Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Birthday Card Plus More Christmas Card Fun



Up first is a card for my friend that loves to cook and bake. Her birthday is Christmas Eve and her eyes sparkle with mirth. Her name is Anne/ Epicure-e-Anne. How nice to have a friend that bakes and shares her cookies. Here's the inside:

 

Vintage loveliness fussy cut and layered, then popped up with dimensional squares. No stamps, no die cuts just plain old fashioned scissors. This was made with someone special in mind.



I added the wreath over over a printed one for a little extra depth and dimension. Beautiful papers and cut out elements make for quick and easy cards. Here's the same paper oriented horizontally.  A rub on sentiment on a die cut and embossed oval. Look the squirrel is offering the fawn a nut. The inside proves this one is made for by brother and his family.


Chocolate, raspberries and peppermint suckers provide a whimsical background for Santa. The red band is a velvet texture and a chocolate brown label. The holly leaves and poinsettia finish off the front of this youthful card.
 

Here's a vintage collage featuring a tree totting lass with a sled. Some music and holly a flourish and bells provide a sense of cheer.

I've saved all the squares cut from a window die, and today I used them like a banner. Layering the tiles reminds me of Scrabble blocks, so I'm sure I'll using them a lot. Using MS screw-punch on each corner, I thread a silver cord through each square. Stick on letters outlined with a fine prismacolor pen complete the banner. The "R" flips up to reveal "Love You" and the "Y" flips up to reveal the little blue bird. So tweet and dear!

Warm Wishes with fuzzy mittens hanging from a snowflake.
I finished this card by adding the jingle bell and ornament with a silver bow. I'm planning a play date with my 7 year old granddaughter tomorrow. When I asked her what she wanted to do she said she has to get ready for Christmas and we need to craft some gifts. Angels, trees or snow men. How about we scan her picture and make an ornament using it. I'm sure we'll have fun frolicking in glitter and glue. Making Memories.
Thank you for your attention and interest. Comments are gifts...happy words
Be well ~ Carole




1 comment:

  1. If I had all day I would comment on each and every FANTASTIC card. I'm at awe with all the cards and all and each uniquely different and wonderful. The first one is sooo adorable and you birthday friend with all it. I love the background papers and especially the woodgrain behind the wreath. AGain, they are all so wonderful and I'm a little jealous. I'm lucky if I get two different ones cut and made in one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.