Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cas-ing Robyn's card

 
This is Robyn's card that she entered in the CASolgy challenge for night. Isn't it beautiful? So crisp and shiny I love it and so I had to replicate it with what I have.

Wow she's a better photographer too! This does look as crisp and cool as hers in person.
Take two... Thanks for the inspiration Robyn!

Up next is yin and yang - positive and negative cuts.

Here's the negative cut with red stickles added to brighten it up.

These are the positive cuts all blinged out with stickles. I love playing with stickles, not as messy as regular glitter and just as fun. I better stock up befor the Christmas Card Making starts in earnest.
I did two of each and like them both. I am a Pisces - 2 fish going in opposite directions - so that's typical.





Thanks to lessons from Leo at SVG cuts on how to use the SCAL program and inkscape, I've been playing around with welding letters and things together. I cut two but one got ripped. It was fun playing around with Christmas in mind, and I even sparkled at the end of the day.


I was in a whirl wind of inspiration yesterday, producing a dozen cards. Working with the drying time for stickles, I glittered up one then started on the next. At 3 o'clock I realized I was still in my jammies:) Now that's a productive day.
I'll head on over to Robyn's blog and let her know.



We are never prepared for what we expect.  ~James A. Michener

 Be well my friend and thanks for visiting. ~ Carole Craft on!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole! Thank you so much for the honour of caseing my card!I just love the pretty jewelled snowflakes you used! I improved my photography thanks to a tutorial that was passed on to me on SCS. I will look it up and let you know where to find it. Thanks again and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is how to find the tutorial. It is by Amy Scheffer. Are you a member on Splitcoast Stampers? Go to forums. On the left hand side is a search button. Type in "photographing projects" and press search. Scroll down a bit and you will see Amy's tutorial. Lots of good tips there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,

    Thanks for your visit and your sweet comments! Just as my name caught your eye, so did yours... as you might have noticed, I have a soft spot for "creative critters"! :-)

    Stopped by for WOYWW but went exploring and loved your cards - especially the Joy one!

    I host a weekly party called Inspire Me Monday - would love for you to share your artwork with us!

    Have a wonderful week and continue to

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these...so fun and happy! Love the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... love all your Christmas cards. Each one is so unique. Love the Happy Holidays with the jingle bell for the "o" ... might be casing that idea as I just bought jingle bell dies! :)

    The JOY card is OUTSTANDING. Love everything about it ... perfect CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.