I like challenges and they always bring more traffic to my blog, but sometimes I just want to create with out rules, or limitations.
So this is that!
On a personal note: I invited 4 neighbors to come to my home last night. I asked them to help me. I wanted their opinion and suggestions on how to make some money with my cards and 3d paper projects. I asked them what they would be willing to spend on my cards. If they knew anyone with a boutique or store that I might display and sell my cards. Then I told them they where welcome to purchase any card they liked.:-)
Well the result is we all enjoyed ourselves. They were excited about the cards and projects I showed them, and I was a bit over whelmed with their compliments.
They made some helpful suggestions:
- Perhaps a brochure or sample book to show potential business owners and clients
- Perhaps a slide show on a digital photo frame
- Contact local florists or beauty salons
- Make a collection of all occasion cards and sell them as a gift
- They suggested sealing them in a clear envelopes and stating blank inside or a printed label with the sentiment or verse
- Suggested connecting with a bridal company
- Suggested having home demonstrations
- They agreed that personalizing them would increase the value and the cost
- The told me that they often send inexpensive cards knowing they are thrown out anyway,
- For special occasions hand made cards would be a keepsake, to put in a memory box or an album
The bonus was they purchased 7 cards. Yay and 2 of the ladies plan on framing them for wall art.
A very social and productive evening. Now if I get up the courage...I'll ask some friends to invite 2 or 3 friends to their home to play show and tell.
"We dare not trust our wit for making our house pleasant to our friend, so we buy ice cream. " ~Ralph Waldo Emerson or cookies
That's all for now, thanks for your interest and comments, both are truly appreciated. Maybe you'll consider doing the show and tell evening too! If you do - it would be great to hear your results.
Be well ~ Carole
PS. I just noticed I have some new followers. Thanks to all that follow my blog. I'll return the favor if you include your web address following your comment.