Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday cards for Nick

A friend asked me to make some cards for her boyfriend Nick. She told me he likes airplanes, trains, fishing and her. So after I spent too much time looking for inspiration for masculine cards, I finally decided on a step card.

I used my cricut to cut the fish, fishing pole and the tree. I made a tiny fishing lure and stuffed it in the pocket of the fishing vest I hand cut, along with a tiny neckerchief I cut from a magazine.

The sentiment says " Real men fish...reely!"  Pun-y! any way the next pic shows a pull out card with a fishing lure hook. Fun right? I hope Kathy enjoys it as well as Nick.


The next card features an airplane I printed and cut twice to give it some dimension. I dry embossed the clouds outlined in shades of blue and attached them with dimensional dots too.

I used a stencil to hand print the greetings inside and out. I love the sakura gelly roll pens I used, one in blue and the other silver, adds a nice bit of sparkle.



The inside reads " Hope lovely surprises are flying your way...to make your birthday a wonderful day." So I included two paper airplanes I cut, folded and printed out from Canon paper craft. Just for fun...they really fly too!
 
The third card is a silhouette of a dancing couple and the sentiment says " Because of you there's a song in my heart."

The inside says..
" Have you always looked this young? Or is it just an annoying habit you've picked up in your old age?"

I do find it so much more challenging to create cards for men, but I'll keep trying.


Thanks for visiting, if you have something to say leave a comment.


 "Those that know, do. Those that understand teach." Aristotle

Be well Carole



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.