Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recreating a card by Debby Hughes


I saw this card on Pinterest and knew that I would have to recreate it. 

The picture of the card has the link to Debby Hughes' blog spot. Debby created it for a Moxie Fab Challenge featuring the  current trend for navy and white.

I don't have the die she used so I used a craft blade to cut the stems and flowers. I made my card 7"X 41/4".  I'm satisfied that I did recreate it but it doesn't have the crisp clean cut that a die creates.

Navy and white
Debby first cut the navy card stock with the die so she had a negative white space.Then she used dimensional adhesive to lift the second die cut. 

There is no way I could create a duplicate negative space accurately. With the two cards so close, comparing them I'm not so pleased with mine.  
I can't buy every die that I love...ahh shucks. That's why I have to be creative. I might have to try it again.

Thanks for the inspiration Debby your card is simply divine.  


"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery."  Charles Caleb Colton

Even when we get it wrong it's because we are expressing our own individuality. 
Be well... Carole

 

1 comment:

  1. Carole, you cut your flower BY HAND! Thats amazing! I love it! Thank you for your kind words too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.