Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Door Cards

 No time for challenges, I must get busy on my Christmas cards. I'm back with more door cards. I had so much fun making these cards I'm sure I could come up with several more . It makes me want to play 
"Can you spot the differences" with my 5 & 6 year old grandchildren.
This red door is obviously larger with 6 raised panels with all the edges inked in black. The wreath hung from a star has 2 little jingle bells, a gold ribbon and the sentiment "Peace".  The card is 9" X 4 1/4" so I had to make an envelope. 


One night when I awoke at 4 am and knew I wouldn't get back to sleep, I went on Pinterest to amuse myself. I saw an envelope made with kraft paper and lined with sheet music. I love it, and I just happened to have a whole roll of kraft paper available.  It's tricky to work with all curled up, but I cut it down to workable pieces. I recommend using a sharp blade when cutting the kraft paper because it can rip so easily. Last year I purchased and downloaded Christmas music from Printable Heaven so I'm all set to make my own envelopes. I used some StazOn forest green ink with a pine branch to stamp the front and back of the card. I think it's a winner.


I used a pearly glimmer paper for this classic door with an oval window. 3 - layers each  1/4" smaller and a 1/4" scored border. 2 Layers are attached with dimensional squares. The SB oval cut on the 3rd layer is embossed and backed with vellum. An additional panel beneath the window has the "Merry Christmas" sentiment. The wreath topped with a red satin ribbon has the same pine bough punches with red stickles for berries. A brad for the door knob over a piece of aluminum tape. How fun! I really like this one too.


Gina K's lipstick red card stock is a favorite of mine and perfect for this red door. What's different with this one - and the green and brown door I posted previously - is I have inked the edges and attached the panels with dimensional squares. Not so flat. 


And this last card again has the inked and raised panels but the wreath is made from an old golden garland I found at a thrift shop. For $1.00 I have 10 feet of silver and gold garland made in USA in 1990 for trees under 4 feet tall.  So I'm pleased with my cards and envelopes but there are other differences I didn't mention. Can you spot them? Have fun and craft on:)


"Whatever you are by nature, keep to it; never desert your line of talent. Be what nature intended you for, and you will succeed."
Sydney Smith




Be well 
Carole

3 comments:

  1. Turning your craft room into Production, Central, Carole? No time for CHALLENGES? I know you want to make personal cards but I don't think you can truly say that you have no time for challenges. You cannot say that; not by a long shot. AND furthermore, I don't think so - so there!

    You challenge yourself every day. Being a peaceful presence on the Planet; finding CALM within any storm; and being the Creative being you are; remaining who you are every, every, every day, daily.

    The cards are beautiful. I like the sheet music envelope. The panels are getting more detailed. I like details. Even though, as the saying goes, that the DEVIL is in the details.

    The details are making the cards more and more interesting.

    The DOORS theme has its own built in music, too...and if you listen closely you might be able to hear Jim Morrison walking out that pearl-y door....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Love your cards! I am writing to let you know that you are the winner of the blog candy! If you would send me your address I will mail the supplies. Congratulations!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing CaroleAnn...I sooooo so love what you are making. I've been so focused on the Tim Holtz 12 Days of Christmas tag making and had little time for other art...but, today is the last day and just one more to make and then I'm ready for the next adventure.
    You always inspire me with your creativity and I miss the play time we had together...you are always on mine mind and take up a good portion of my heart.
    We are enjoying the most beautiful time of the year...I'm soooo blessed to be a part of your world to share in it with you.
    Much Love and More Peace my darlin' dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.