Saturday, August 13, 2011

Red & Black birthday card

   A very dear friend is celebrating her birthday this month. With her on my mind I created this brilliant red and velvety black card. She's a Leo of course, so she likes red as her power color. The black is a flocked plastic I recycled from some cologne packaging. The flower is made from the punched out parts of the SB Fleur De Lis shapeabilities pendants. There were 12 petals from each cut. They were beautifully embossed as well, so I had to use them. I just glued them on a circle and there is a lovely flower with a rhinestone in the center.


 The inside has a martini glass I created in SCAL and cut it on acetate. I used spray adhesive to mount it on the card then had cut an olive an stir stick. I placed a second piece of acetate over them again using spray adhesive. I used a gel pen to outline it so you can see it and printed the verse. Jenny and I have declared that it is the "S" in martinis that creates a problem. I'll line the envelope with the same brilliant red and post it this week. I hope she enjoys it.  
Thanks for looking. Please leave a comment:)  Be well


What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit. - John Updike











1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet production specially made for your good pal, JHD! I appreciate the way this one came together on many levels. The sassy style, the textured red of the recycling^up-cycling shows you've got it going on, plus the silly, fun rhyme. It made me almost inclined to want to slide down that swizzle stick. I could not overlook that you've begun to utilize another dimension by adding quotable quotes to your blog- this one by America's treasure, John Updike. ~WOW~you are reaching and growing and I have no qualms about saying, I'm nearly busting my buttons with pride.

    BRAVO~BRAVA~ZIPPITY~DO~DA~DAY, you ZINGER you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.