Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MoJo Monday 204

Todays card is inspired by this MOJO Monday 204 card sketch. Yesterday I spent the day re-organizing my craft space. I don't know about you but when I make die cuts, either on the cricut the cuttlebug or the big shot I usually make more then just the one I want for the current project. Sometimes I even take small pieces of scrap paper and punch shapes and cut dies. So as I was going through my stash of die cuts I came across this adorable pup. I believe I got it from: CarolinaGirl  when I first purchased scale. Cely is so talented and generous she often offers free files for her viewers. So I took this cute little pup and envisioned  him on the sketch. 
The denim double sided paper is from kaisercraft.com. I had scraps of the tan suede paper and the "welcome back" sentiment is from an advertised doormat that caught my eye. I thought it was perfect for the pup. I stamped the corner with the paw print. 
My dog "Beau" always greets us with a happy tail welcome. Beau came to us when my Mum was too ill to care for him. Her biggest concern was who would care for Beau. She rescued him from a shelter and he was her best friend. At 79 she would get on the floor and romp with him on her hands and knees, tossing a chew bone for him to catch, and she'd giggle like a school girl. I use to think that Mom was over the top... the way she loved this dog. That's all she would talk about.  
Beau has been with us for over four years and now I understand why she loved him soo much. He is our faithful friend and dear companion. I believe he is almost 14 years old, a mix between a Jack Russell and a Corgi. He still has a lot of spirit though he often looses his footing and falls. But that doesn't stop him. I never knew I could love a dog so much.
An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them. ~Andy Warhol    
Thanks for visiting   Comments are much appreciated. Be Well


1 comment:

  1. PLAYFUL PUP ~ You are finding your voice here. I am touched by the comments: What Beau brings to your life and how he came to be in your life. I remembered Mama getting playful and could almost see her through your eyes and your words.

    Keep listening for your own voice and speaking from your artist's heart.

    Speaking of art, recently you asked if others considered themselves artists. DO consider yourself an artist, Carole. You have been an artist all of your life. Paper is your current media but you've had many other mediums.

    So ARTIST IT IS and wear it well!

    I was asked by a friend on facebook if you were a professional (I told her I'd tell you that) AND I invited her to check out your blog spot.

    Hearty congratulations on your win AND your BLOG-WORTHINESS. It is amazing to watch you bloom and grow. SHINE ON!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.