Friday, November 27, 2015

Continued Inspiration



Greetings, I hope you enjoyed a fabulous Thanksgiving surrounded by the love of family and friends. After returning from a delicious meal prepared by my daughter Corina, I was inspired to make a few Christmas cards.



The shaker card was inspired by Maikel. I hope I got her name right. I pinned it to my Pinterest board "Cards I want to recreate" so I could come back to it when I was ready. Here's the first attempt...fun but I knew I could do better. The first try I used glue to attach the acetate, (saved from some packaging) but it got smeary. So the next time I used terrifically tacky tape.


Using the papers and supplies I had on hand...here's the 2nd and third try. This time using seed beads and Styrofoam chips to look like snow. 



I created the scalloped topper in SCAL and cut it with my Cricuit. I used a 3" circle die cut to create the ornament and hand cut the top to look like the hanger. I like the glitter paper but Maikel use of the gold mirror paper is exquisite.


Using the same idea of cutting a negative space and lining it with a background paper I made these two cards.



So there you have it...6 cards in two days. I'm on a roll. Time to clean up and start fresh.
Wishing you creative time and inspiration. Be well ~ Carole


2 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming, Carole! You are on a creative roll and giving us a ton of amazing Christmas card inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all amazing cards!
    I see that your daughter cooked your Thanksgiving meal too. Aren't we fortunate ladies? I sent you an email did you receive it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.