Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Baby boy banner in nautical blues

Greetings my friends.  


Today I'm showcasing a banner I'm making for a baby boy shower. 
Working with what I have on hand I printed these nautical blues...stripes and waves on glossy photo paper. Thanks Chicfetti for these fun prints.

 I was asked to make a banner for a family member...the grandmother to be...it wasn't until I was cutting out these printed pages that I wondered if there was a theme...or color scheme...I need to ask more questions up front. Oh well...it is what it is.

The theme for the shower is the Lion King ...so I printed these clipart lion cubs and glued them to this packaging cardstock before fussy cutting. I always save these quality pieces, using them for shims or for sturdy dimensional die cuts. Now how to tie it all together...nautical jungle???


I started by cutting all the pendants...then using the crop-a-dile I punched the holes and added the grommets. I continued by cutting multiple...stackable labels for layering in the marine shades of blue. Using the cricut and SCAL cutting with the font "chop-a-block" I cut baby boy in two shades of blue. With some fore thought and the new product I purchased...."stick it"...I could easily peel and adhere the layers for this block font.



Using copy weight paper I scored and folded the medallions. I'm still undecided on what to put on the top...the three lion cubs but what else...I'm not sure...


These pendants are so fun to make. Layering many elements and embellishments.



Cutting one-sies and rubber duckies along with overalls, pacifiers, umbrellas,  stars, clouds and teddy bears, had me playing with design and layout.




I used tulle to thread through the grommets and string this banner....it's still a work in progress. I have until February 28th to complete it. I'm not sure how the medallions will get worked in...or how I will top them. I'll leave it sit out...and new ideas will marinate. So stay tuned I'll take pictures at the shower with the finished banner.


I'll probably use any extra elements for re-cycled gift bags and tags and such. I could get carried away with details....how fun. I'm now thinking the medallions could be a banner with the babies name spelled out...and the other nautical one could be home decor...or for pages in a scrap book...there are not mistakes...just new opportunities.

Thanks for your interest. Comments and questions will be acknowledged with a return visit.
Be well and God bless ~ Carole







8 comments:

  1. Love the banner. Very detailed. Love it. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, loving the banner, great idea. Thanks for the visit and happy crafting, Angela x 35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole this is wonderful! Lots of neat details...looks like lots of work (and fun too! I'm sure they will love this! Sorry to hear that your hubby took a spill with this snowy, icy weather too. Hope he didn't hurt enough. Jim said he just felt a bit stiff the next day. It's the one thing that really worries me with this icy/snowy weather in winter. I found out after my fall last year (and that was in my house) I don't heal as quick as I used too! smile.
    Keep warm/ and safe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea Carole, loving your banner! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely beautiful Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner looks so festive and adorable, Carole! It would be fun to see a photo of it hanging! I hope you are well! Happy Valentine's Day and weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightfully cute! Now you need to be posting your knitting since you have put down your paper for a while! You are one busy busy lady...fantastic. Now that I have my health back, I'll be doing less cards and more exercising! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.