Friday, December 5, 2014

Playing with new dies mixing them with old stuff.


New dies new inspiration...I'm loving the dimension and contrast...tearing paper for snow looks cool. I'm happy to answer any questions about the dies and products I use...just leave a comment or question along with contact information, and I will happily answer and return the visit....it takes time to type all that and not everyone wants all the information. 


Some old dies are used here... as well as electronic cuts and punches...
there's that red hat again.


I love this candle die...the first time I saw it I knew I would use it often...here using the metallic paper it has the look of gold heat embossing.



 It's fun to play with the innie's---the inner cuts...like a puzzle...inlaid. I want to use this in many colors...


Similar yet distinctive different. Which do you prefer?



I'll be completing the Holiday mail for Heroes today and posting them tomorrow. I'' send them to the Philadelphia Red Cross...I pray they bring joy and acknowledgment to the few they reach and may it spread by sharing.



Now with my grand children in mind....here's a teddy in a box...my cousin Darlene Gail "ArteDar" designed this box card and sent it to me. I scanned it then traced it in SCAL.... so I can make a smaller version that works with this teddy bear. The little digger die is smaller then I envisioned but it works as a toy under the tree. I'm still undecided about adding the Merry and Bright sentiment at the top. 


Here's the box card again...the kitten's nose holds the top closed....lift to reveal a secret message. The toy dump truck and the digger are three tiny dies. I used glue dots on acetate to attach the tires to the frame.



That's all for now...but I'll be back to share the Christmas cards I'll make for family and friends. Thanks for visiting. Be well ~ Carole




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - all of your projects! Love the truck in the first card, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, your grandchild providedyou rather a good idea. Have you tried to play with him in such a way? Or use any developing sets? It is great to follow after them and to make sure they work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.