Thursday, October 25, 2012

Moxie Fab World:The Canvas, Cork & Burlap Challenge

 
The oh so-trendy use of canvas, cork & burlap.
This is all about texture and boy have I got that covered. A couple of weeks ago, ACMoore's had specialty papers on sale for .22 cents each., I gathered a few of a thickly textured woven tan paper, some white with little jeweled swirls about- and all -the tan and black leopard 12" X 12" papers they had left - about 6 - I think.  The reverse side was tan, or kraft colored and I love working with that.

Using the plain side of the paper, I embossed it with a wood folder, layered with just a strip of the deeply textured woven paper, a strip that was rolled to corrugate. Wrapped three times with twine and embellished with the lace, a flower and burlap. Dots of Glossy accents for fun!
Well I really liked this and immediately started making another one when I noticed the shiny glue smear, I would have to cover that... I found these little birds nestled in my trinket tray and laid them down. I really liked the way they pop, but thought I would try something else. 

Another piece of lace with a gold center and leaf is now the finished card - minus a sentiment. 
I've got a couple more that will have to be posted separately  so I can enter them all in this fun challenge.
Be sure to come back and see the rest...I think each one looks better than the last:)
Be well ~ Carole




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.