Thursday, September 6, 2012

{FRESHLY MADE} Sketch # 51

This Freshly Made Sketch by Cindy is very versatile. I decided to work with some printed paper I bought from Gina K. "Poppy Prints" is so bright and fun. The collection offers floral prints, polka dots and plaids. I'm not usually drawn to patterns for crafting or for my clothes. I like solid colors, so this is a stretch for me.

I started with the grey and yellow plaid, added a 2" wide strip attaching half circle punches to make the scalloped edge. I love vintage things and ephemera and thought this was a good base for these elements. I adhered the images to card stock, cut them out, inked the edges and made the arrangement.

The oval tag in the upper left corner is from a pair of spectacles I bought at the drug store. You know I love recycling and found objects, and this was perfect for a Gina K stamp I won, and the Hero Arts stamp "Live in Style"  I added the tiny spray of vintage flowers with a leaf and pine branch over the red embroidery threads looping through the tag. The scrub board and button cards look almost real...don't you think? Not my style yet I like it.











Up next is this fun card inspired by the frisky, flirting fringe I found at the thrift store. I left this sit out on my desk as I pondered how to use it. After reading a very encouraging response from Darnell (you can see it here:)

I decided to do an original card using a cowgirl theme. I'm not sure where I heard anything about "putting on your brave boots", but it stuck in my head along with the follow up line "Getting old ain't for Sissies" and so a card is born. I used an cut file from SVG Cuts for the boots. The text box was created in my Word program using wood texture color fill and white lettering. I think I need ink. The gradient was not intended, but it works.

"Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns. " ~Author Unknown


Be well and laugh ~ Carole



4 comments:

  1. Your cards are awesome,Carole! I LOVE the FMS card with the its washboard and button cards! What a great vintage look! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Carole! I love all those old tags and those buttons! Love that vintage look! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards. I am diggin' that fringe.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow .... fabulous cards ... your vintage button cards are awesome!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.