Saturday, July 14, 2012

CASology very first challenge

A brand new challenge CASology. I'm so happy to be able to be part of the very first challenge.  The design team has created some wonderful inspirational cards. Check it out! 
Ardyth is one of the designers that visited my blog and left a comment...so returning the favor I found this challenge. So fun


Here is how it will work:


1. Every Tuesday, a cue card will be posted containing a single word.
2. Take that word and run with it! Interpret it however you'd like! Just be sure and keep things clean and simple!
3. Deadline is Sunday at noon (CST) to link up your project here on the challenge blog. Be sure to provide a link to the CASology blog within your blog post!
4. Feel free to combine this challenge with other challenges.


A Winner and 4 Honorable Mentions will be announced Monday!


I know I need to work on creating clean and simple cards. They're simply smashing and it takes less time to make them. So here's my first card. 

The cue: SUN. I googled some quotes and chose this as my sentiment  " The sun is but a morning star." ~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden, then designed the card with that in mind. I started with the glitter paper that sparkles like a brand new day, die cut some stars from the same type of glitter paper - in sunshine yellow and white, inked the edges then added the computer generated sentiment, mounted on yellow and the card is complete.

 " The sun is but a morning star." ~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Be well and Craft on! ~ Carole







7 comments:

  1. Carol, I just love your take on the CASology cue card "sun". This is such a pretty CAS card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stars make such a fabulous sun. Excellent take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful take on the challenge, Carol! Very creative!!! :) Thank you so much for joining us for our very first challenge at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, lovely take on the challenge! thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have hoarded that glitter paper, just because of the price tag on it, so I'm happy to see a whole card of it and decide it's worth it. How clever of you to use two stars to make a sun. wish i had thought of that. AND your sentiment is wonderful.

    Cheers,
    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creative sun and your sparkly sky and how it ties into the sentiment so perfectly! I'm so glad you chose to play along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.