Saturday, June 30, 2012

Staying Cool

My Favorite Things Upsy Daisy Die works perfect for these black-eyed Susan's. I love the simplicity of this craft paper card. It has the bold yellow color with the dark brown centers, a little gingham bow and a "Happy Birthday" stamp to complete it.

I have 6 friends and family celebrating birthdays this month, and 1 anniversary. It's not that I don't have a stock pile of cards made but I like to make the cards with the person in mind. The entire time I'm creating the card the person is on my mind-in my thoughts-and in my prayers. So it's extra special.

This purple  butterfly delight has 2 recessed circles and one popped up. I stamped the flourish with a light lavender so I could see it, then using silver stickles I followed the design making  dots of glitter, some connected, some separated. Pretty snazzy.

Because I started with the deep purple card base I needed to add white card stock to the inside. So why not embellish that too? I dry embossed it with the cuttle bug frame folder, punched butterflies and stamped the sentiment, but  it was not straight...so I re-stamped it on a scrap then cut and mounted it on purple. We learn tricks to cover up mishaps, now that's crafty.
I decided to make this a card that can be recycled. By adding the corner pocket, embellished with a SB die cut, I can write a personal note explaining that the card was made with them in mind, but it has two envelopes so that it can be recycled if they choose to send it on. I'm sure not everyone wants to keep all the cards they receive. I like to think of it as a gift/card.

I am so thankful for air-conditioning on these hot summer days. Perfect for crafting and staying cool.

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."  ~Chili Davis


Be well my friend. Thanks for visiting ~ Carole

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those daisies! They are just so perfect.
    I'm agreeing with you, on being thankful for A/C. I feel very blessed indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.