Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Winnings from Barbara's World of Whimcees

Blog candy
   Papers and ribbons and stamps oh boy! Saturday I received my blog candy package from Barbara's World of Whimcee. It was all wrapped so carefully it felt like Christmas as I opened and revealed all the gifts. 
  So many lovely ribbons buttons and stamps. Beautiful papers, glitter, frosting's, pearls and Liquid Applique' for 3D effects. There's a CD by Margaret Sherry with over 400 printable elements as well as a beautiful handmade booklet. 
Thanks Barbara... you are so generous, as well as talented. 

I will have to find a home for all of this, though I hate to put it away - because I might forget about it. Does that happen to you? Especially if you don't personally purchase the items? But hey I can be delighted all over again when I find it later.

Every thing in this space needs to be re-organized. A project that I normally start at the beginning of a new year, but I've been stalling. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all I've accumulated and so easily distracted by all that needs to be done. So then I sit down and crochet to clear my mind. I must have a lot of clutter in my mind too seeing the results of crocheting...just last week. But I do love it. It keeps me entertained while my honey watches the never ending football games.


Tomorrow the Christmas tree will be dismantled and the decorations carefully stored for next year. In doing so I will undoubtedly rearrange the room and find many more projects calling for my attention.  Like cleaning out the refrigerator the moving it to clean under it...cleaning the stove and oven...moving the bed to vacum under that. I'm dedicated to starting the year fresh...or maybe I'm just compulsive obsessive.


After all that is accomplished I hope to get back to card making challenges and blogging. Did I mention moving the washer and dryer to clean under them? Am I getting carried away?


"Blessed is the man who has some congenial work, some occupation in which he can put his heart, and which affords a complete outlet to the forces there are in him." John Burroughs

With that said; I have to wonder about the forces within my self. LOL 
Be well Carole

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I am so happy to hear that your package reached you safely! I hope that you enjoy! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your winnings! Hope all is well....Stopping by to invite you to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
    We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

    (I also have a giveaway on my blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.