Sunday, October 2, 2011

Card Positioning Systems #238

October...time to dust of the skeletons and season the cauldron, but for now I'll blog a new card I made following the CPS sketch #238. I bought this colorbok paper because I love the blues and browns and it was on sale;) $4.00 for 30 papers plus punch outs and stickers. Cool. I didn't put it away because I would have forgotten about it. So when I saw the new CPS sketch I knew I wanted to work with this collection.

 I started with a 5 1/2" square base card topped with the chocolate brown, added the floral paper 1/4 " smaller. The strips are 1" X 5" embossed with stars and a sakura gelly roll pen. The focal image is stamped on a 5" X 3" rectangle. I used the stamp set I won from stampTV, "Vogue Vases" and embossed it with silver. 

This Week's Sketch #238
I flipped the sketch because of the stamped image and sentiment. The brown strip is to cover a mistake. When I stamped the sentiment it was not straight, so I stamped it again and glued it over the mistake.

The card came together pretty easy because of the coordinating papers.  I don't know about you but I can spend a lot of time looking for paper that work together. Sketches are the like a map. You know where your going and the paper is the passing scenery. The sentiment reads: "It's the little moments that make life BIG"   



I love the camera my sister bought for me...thanks so much Deborah. I just need to stop crafting for a while and learn how to take better pictures.

 It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. ~Henry David Thoreau

As we waited for the school bus my 5 year old grandson "Wyatt" notice a small evergreen tree with the top missing. He said look Nana... a moose ate the top of this tree,  cause I know they eat leaves and branches. I told him I didn't think moose lived here in Pennsylvania. He replied that maybe the moose came here for a vacation. To cute!
Be well. Carole



1 comment:

  1. I don't understand how I'm missing your postings...I have you on my favorite list to follow. I better see if it got deleted. This is beautiful!!! YES, I spend so much time looking at papers that I want to use...didn't take me as long to color my image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.