Friday, August 26, 2011

Free SVG files I made



   Today I traced an image of deer, cut it out by hand on black card stock, then scanned it. I opened SCAL and using the trace image feature I was able to create an svg file. Pretty neat! I did the same for the squirrel. I ran a test cut on my cricut...I cut the fawn at 2 1/2" and the doe at 4" and the squirrel at 2". 


 I am offering these files free to my followers. So if you're interested and are able to use an svg file just send me an email: carole.sweeney02@gmail.com  I believe I can send it as an attachment. It will show up as an inkscape file. that's the link for the free program.

Does anyone have advise on how to offer downloadable files? Your information would be greatly appreciated. 

test cut
 That's all for now. Stay safe and pray that Hurricane Irene won't cause to much damage.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, do you still have this file available? These are some of the most beautiful realistic looking cut files of deer I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this file if still available. Please send it to me and the link to your blog.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The easiest way to get this file is right click the image, copy the image, and save it....to a file or desktop.... to trace with SCAL software. If you do use it and publish it please link back to me...I'd love to see it. Be well Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carole...I am new to the SVG world as I just got my cricut explore. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.