Thursday, August 25, 2011

My win

Summer Lantern
 Remember the Anything 3D challenge.. Tiki Bar? I won 2nd Place from SVGATTIC.   You'll notice the Top #3 blinkie on this blog. Yea!!! So besides bragging rights I received a $10.00 give certificate to shop. I had my mind made up. I wanted the "Summer Lanterns" file collection and the "Birds and Bees".


 I couldn't wait to get started. Choosing 12X12"colored paper that is sturdy enough was a problem (non on hand), so I just used a white card stock for the lantern base. This lantern file is so much fun and easy to assemble. It measures 9" high and 5" wide.  Brown card stock frames the windows and door frame. There are two planters with tulips under the side windows (not clearly visible). I cut 1/4" strips of green card stock and fringed it to mimic grass and glued that around the bottom then created a little step up to the door. I used acetate for the inside of the windows. The front door is cut from a glossy red card stock and "flower soft" was used to enhance the topiary's. It lights up nicely with little battery operated candle.


As I was making this I kept thinking of different elements I could use for Halloween...ghosts, bats and witches for a start... and Christmas, imagine a glittery roof top and icicles hanging above the windows, and a snow covered evergreen tree, snowmen flanking the front door hung with a wreath. How about on the roof.. a Santa in a sleigh full of gifts, pulled by some reindeer . Be sure to visit again and see if I can make it happen.  


Anyone who says you can't see a thought simply doesn't know art. 
~Wynetka Ann Reynolds



Thanks for visiting. Comments are appreciated;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.