Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mix It Up Monday Challenge Stamp TV


This is a tough challenge, breaking all the rules. 
http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/​topics/mix-it-up-monday-challe​nge-4

1. 2 brads/flowers/pearls (no odd #s!)
2. Put the image at an angle or not centered.
3. Use colors that clash.
4. No standard size card.

My card measures 4.75" X 6.25". I used purple
 red and gold. The stamps are from:
 Gina K: Seeds of Kindness--- 
http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=880&categoryId=37


I love coloring stamps but I don't have any copic marker;(  so I have to use what I have. The "hang on" is  part of the sentiment...I'm so glad I have you to hang on to. Gina K 's papers emboss so well, good card stock... great impressions. I used lipstick red.


 The tag is Spellbinders Fancy Tag. After I cut and embossed the tag I traced around the outside of the die, on red paper and cut by hand. Then I taped the cut to the die and ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss it. I used the negative side to mount the tag on. That worked well. 

The reason it's so difficult for me is that is does break all the rules. I'm not fond of colors that clash. Rules create order and balance. I like order!  So I broke the rules and tried to make an attractive card..... What do you think?

Thanks for visiting, stop back soon and please leave a comment, they encourage me to keep posting. Be well.

I'm also trying to win a 500 Fan Giveaway, check it out....
lots of fun goodies to win;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.