Monday, August 1, 2011

Challenge # 2: Create a shaped card


I was invited to play along with this challenge by my cousin/dear friend and fellow blogger. She has many amazing talents so check her out at: http://artedar.blogspot.com/


I started this morning by drawing a frog. I cut it my hand traced it on a folded a piece of paper measuring 4.25" X 5.50" so that it would be even. I then scanned it and made a svg file in SCAL. I created the eyes with circles to match the shape and cut it with my Cricut. I cut the bow tie by hand, but I will include that in the frog file.  I inked the edges and colored some spots. I punched little circles and glued them on his feet. I used dimensional dots on the eyes and the bow tie.  I think he turned out pretty cute and  hoppy;)  The inside could be: Have a hoppy birthday, or hop you're feeling better:) I pasted a dragonfly punch beside the sentiment. I just thought about adding a little strip/tag across his belly that says; Hippity Hoppity Happy Birthday.


The challenge is offer by: Laurel DeViney and you can find  her at:  http://paperandscissorsrock-laurel.blogspot.com/ 
Laurel offers many you tube and ustream videos. Her slide show has a wonderful collection of her scrapbook layouts and cards.

Since I've just started blogging in June, I have so much to learn and I am excited and inspired to see all that's offered on other crafting blogs. The challenges help keep me focused on creating something new if not every day at least several days a week.

If your interested in the frog file let me know by email. I have a lot to learn about sending files but if you use SCAL and Inkscape I believe I could email it to you. 

Thanks for visiting, comments are much appreciated!


3 comments:

  1. Awww Polly~Wog has grown up to be a handsome gent! I LOVE this card!!! The sentiments you choose are just too stinkin' cute! Love everything about this original design creation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you become famous and picked for a popular design team. Most big companies Prima, Grafic 45, 7 Gypsy's, etc. put out their call in the new year. So keep on creating and submit, submit, and submit to all the paper co. you can using their products of course. Google product co., get email addies on site and ask for dates when they call for new D.T. members. You will get a huge box of their stuff to use if you get picked and more. Tons O' Luck!
    Peace and Much Love, Darlene Gail
    PS: TY for the linky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this works very well! great job. the Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te frog is very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog during my blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.