Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year 2014


I want to take this opportunity to thank all my wonderful followers for the comments and support over the last year, and wish you all a very healthy, prosperous and crafty new year. I invite you to join my blog if you haven't already, and share my joy and inspiration.

If you leave a comment I'll return the favor. 




Playing with a printable...repositionable...fun fabric...that's better then vinyl.

Starring at my 3 year old Cricut and the Square 1 product... I thought the front of 
the machine was screaming to be decorated...an updated model is not yet in the budget. I started by printing the background...black with tiny white stars, then I cut my name, the new year and added some swirly gigs for flair.



The product printed and cut well, and I'll practice with different pressures and settings so I can cut the fabric and leave the backing in tact, making the transfer easier. Next I'll try the heat transfer product, after I find a good photo to print on it.

I've seen a lot of floating frames and glass blocks featuring this fabric and I look forward to making some of my own. These lovely glass blocks were created by: Angela Jones a new Face Book friend.


I can visualize many new projects...personalized, framed and embellished with this permanent or repositionable fabric. 

I've created a new Face Book page too. Would you be so kind as to like my new page?
I feel like a silly little girl when I ask you to LIKE me...so please...silly me....
little things make me happy.




Here I was practicing... cutting our initial on "contact"paper. The Regal font is quite intricate and needs to be cut larger, so I made a few changes. I have the "S" mounted on acetate and placed in front of the cork board for contrast. I spend too much time looking for new fonts and now the day is done.




Tomorrow I'm crafting with the grand kids  but I'll get back to playing with this fun new product next year. I'm so looking forward to coming up with something fabulous to share, till then....


Be well and Happy New Year~ Carole









3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too, Carole! Nice to see a post from you! I love how you blinged up your machine and made your initial and HNY greeting. Those cuts are really dramatic and intricate; so amazing what those machines can do. I was bowled over by Angela's creations and can't wait to see what you do yourself!

    Enjoy crafting with the grandkids! I'll see you next year!! Cheers! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Carole! Love what you have done to your Cricut...fabulous! A Facebook page has been on my 'to do ' list for a year now, so you've reminded me! Thank you. :) hugs Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are well, as you haven't updated your blog in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.