Monday, September 10, 2012

MoJo Monday 258

This fun sketch is provided by Julee be sure to see her lovely creation using this sketch. Two of the design team members flipped this sketch upright creating an asymmetrical design. Curious? Have a look here and here.


I started with some soft striped pink from My Mind's Eye Blush collection. Love these double sided 6X6 Papers. The banner strips are the reverse side of the striped pink. A SB circle and scallop die for the focal. I used a tiny crocheted doily I made added some ribbon roses and 2 green sprigs. The two half circles at the top and "Hugs and smiles" for the sentiment. It's vintage and softly feminine.






This collage using the Tim Holtz  vintage telephone die and several  elements cut, inked and layered was just for fun. I think it's suitable for a male or female, a birthday, a thank you, or miss you card. Navy base card layered with pale yellow topped with a printed navy, then the printed background all come together for an interesting conclusion. I think I'll look around for another challenge to enter, or maybe just hop about and comment. Time passes so pleasantly when blog hopping.




A persona note: This was the first morning in weeks that the temperature was refreshing and cool. I love it, not a cloud in the sky or a problem troubling me...only the usual aches and pains. That's the other bonus of being a crafter, so passionate about creating the aches and pains take a back seat.

On my early morning walks around the neighborhood  I begin with some stretches, and thoughts of gratitude. Giving thanks for the day and all the comforts ...utilities and abilities that allow me to practice my craft and enjoy my life. We live in a world of abundance and I am so pleased to be aware it.

 God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you?"  ~William A. Ward
Be well ~ Carole



5 comments:

  1. Well said, Carole! Your cards are so lovely!

    FYI, in case no one has told you, when I clicked on the CASual Fridays card (or scroll down from here), the text is all is a vertical line, one letter per line after your photo, which is impossible to read. I'm sure you will want to fix it if you can, unless it's just my computer. (LOVE your CF card, BTW!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is any one else having a problem viewing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, I love both your cards. The Mojo sketch card is so lovely and feminine ... those designer papers are beautiful and your embellishments are so pretty.

    The vintage card is so fun. I love that old telephone! Your background papers and embellishments are perfect.

    I'm seeing the same thing as Darnell with your last post ... all vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Loll...I made a new post with the same information would you be so kind as to have a look and update me? I'm never sure how these blogs work - sometimes everything jumps around, I don't even know if the translate button work. Thanks for your invaluable time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, I love your card. Love the papers, the flowers, the sentiment. Really sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.