Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pop-Up cake Anniversary card



I really do love these daisies! They keep popping up every where. Today I used them for my brother and SIL's 41st anniversary card. 

Can you see the sentiment? I created a text box in word and filled it with the black and white polka dot pattern, then used white for the "Happy Anniversary Russ & Rose", then printed and cut it out.  Pretty cool - cause it repeats the polka dots on the bow and the dotted Swiss embossing.

I really like the way the white cake just pops against the vivid blue, so I used  the MS border punch to frame it out. See that lovely lace trim...(my sister found it at a thrift store) this is the second time I'm using that. Thanks Deb.

 I used a fabric stiffener on the lace so it won't fray, then using glossy accents I attached it to the strip before adhering the whole thing to each layer. The bottom layer with the sentiment is rubbed on. I printed it on acetate using the mirror image then laid it over the strip and rubbed it on. Love the trick.

I added the daisies on the corners and the bow with long ends to complete the inside. If you look closely you'll see the ribbon is printed with Congratulations. 41 years married to one person deserves congratulations!



This is my second try for a pop-up card. On Saturday I featured a pop-up presents card. I learn from doing so this one was easier, and the next one will be even better. What I learned was to decorate the overlay before adhering it to the popped-up section, and to use a strong double sided tape.

Well the day has flown by. Time flies when you're having fun;)

"Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life."  ~William Faulkner

 
 Thanks for your time and interest. Be well and Craft on;) ~ Carole





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job ,,, really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carole - LOVE the cake inside :)
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog too - MUCH appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the best tutorial.. Do you know the pop-up anniversary cards on http://popupcard.net? They have verry beautiful samples. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.