Thursday, July 26, 2012

Color Throwdown and Mojo Monday



CTD202 I needed a sketch to work with this color combo so why not enter in two challenges? I don't do this very often, I'm not sure why, maybe it's just that I focus better on one thing at a time. Yet this one worked out so well I'll probably try it again.






Mojo Monday 251

I had a lot of tropical water color scraps left from my fun fold card I posted yesterday. I only needed to find some rich raspberry. I went through all my scraps and finally came up with  two small squares of this adhesive back card stock. Perfect.

So now I have the sketch, the card base is a vanilla ...now what? I'm not complaining but the fact is I don't have very many stamps, and  using the same ones get monotonous. I've resisted buying stamps because of storage issues and the expense. Markers can be very costly and I'm not experienced coloring with them.

I rely on punches and die cuts for most of my cards. You may have noticed if you visit often. I really like the dimension and interest they give to a card.

It would be great to win some new stamps. There are so many beautiful ones I would spend too much time choosing one, and have a wish list a mile long. Anyway enough of that. Gotta go go go...



"There are two things to aim at in life:  first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it.  Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second."  ~Logan Pearsall Smith

If you have any questions be sure to "comment"
Be well ~ Carole

2 comments:

  1. Great combination of the challenges, Carole! Love your flower arrangement! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers in the circle layer look sooo pretty and I love how you designed the sentiment!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.