Monday, June 18, 2012

MoJo Monday #246

This weeks Mo Jo Monday 246 sketch is designed by Mary Fish.  Mary is an extraordinarily talented stamper, her cards are so fresh and crisp, and she shares her talents by offering very informative video tutorials.









For my 4.25" X 5.50"card I first layered the tropical blue to a white card base.

The green rectangle features a weaved quarter inch blue satin ribbon, attached to a navy blue strip.

The 3 white rectangles are  mounted on a navy blue strip and adorned with stamped flowers, hand cut - with a dot of yellow puffy fabric paint - and some punched leaves.

 The 3 rectangles with shades of blue for the flowers was the easy part. I wasn't sure what I would put on the left. While looking for a ribbon to use I came across some ribbons I weaved after watch a u tube video.  A perfect way to showcase weaved ribbon. What do you think? Does it work?
 Hugs and smiles stamped and punched completes the card.

"You can't wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug."  
~Author Unknown

Be well. Carole






5 comments:

  1. Przepiekna karteczka,uwielbiam kolor niebieski.
    http:// ludwisia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove that weaved ribbon, Carole! Such a neat idea. So glad you stopped by my blog...cause it led me to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it works quite well. The woven ribbon adds texture. The card has nice visual weight and balance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the weaved ribbon is such a fabulous element on this beautiful card. Love it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ribbon is awesome. Makes the card really stand out. Thanks for sharing.
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~S`andra V.
    http://ohmyscraps2u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.