Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Less is More Week 35

The "Colour Of Your Eyes"  challenge from Less is More.
I discovered this challenge 
from one of the blogs I follow and thought it
would be fun to play along. 
The idea is to keep it clean and simple,  few or no embellishments and a lot of white space (an area with no image or embellishments) using your own eye color as the predominate theme. It was not as easy as I thought. Sure you can fold card stock in half and just add an image and a sentiment, but does it make a statement? Adding embellishments and different elements, buttons and bows is what we do as card makers. Always looking for new products bells and whistles. So this challenge had me thinking differently. 
My eyes are chocolate brown and so is the base color. This is as simple as I could come up with. The cute little teddy bear was my inspiration. It just makes me think of hugs. I used black dimensional fabric paint for his eyes and red for his bow. It's so hard to stop myself from using more embellishments. The designers do a fabulous job with simplicity. It's worth visiting the site. I will keep "Less is More" in mind as I challenge myself to simplicity in card making. That would save a lot of time with Christmas Cards.




“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ̴ ̴  Albert Einstein


Be Well Carole

2 comments:

  1. Your card is really cute Carole... and a great CAS design.
    Placement is all important in simple cards, yours is fab in this card.
    Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you'll be back for another CAS challenge next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you Carole
    This is a super cute card, perfect for us
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.