Monday, August 29, 2011

Card Patterns 130

 Card patterns is another great source for inspiration and a challenge. The challenge for me is to find coordinating papers then determine the size of the card and try to figure out what size to make each of the elements. I am not a math whiz... I started with a 5" square base in red and layered the floral pattern cut at 4 7/8". I tried a 3' square for the focal and 2" squares for the sides but that proved to be to big so I reduced each square 1/2". I've made a few cards from this Vintage Hip paper over the years so no doubt it's been discontinued.


I checked the Stamp TV  site this morning to see the Mix It Up Monday Challenge and to view the winners from the last challenge. To my delight I discovered I won. I get to choose any stamp set valued at $24.95. I looked through their entire collection and choose the Vogue Vases set. Gina K's design team creates beautiful stamps in many categories it was a tough choice. P.S. I just got an email confirming that my stamp set will be shipped. I'll try to be patient.


Another surprise was that the challenge this week is to"stamp ONLY a sentiment to create a card" well that worked out well with the card pattern I was working on.
I'll enter it in both challenges!


As I'm writing this I keep thinking of things I could of done differently. Maybe solid color squares would have show better... yet I know I'm improving my skill lever with each project I do. So it's all good.


He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. ~Joseph Joubert


I enjoy finding quotes that speak of what I'm doing. Thanks for visiting
Do you have something to share? Comments are appreciated. Be well Carole

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Carole! I love the patterned paper you used! The sentiment worked well with the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win. It's SO nice that you got to choose the prize too! But I wonder, which one was it? Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but I'm not sure and couldn't figure out which of your creations earned you that "Mix it up Monday" challenge. I do hope you'll post it so your followers know.

    Watching you BLOG and grow is like going to a community garden and finding all sorts of flowers that you never noticed before but were there all along. Sweeeeeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.