Sunday, December 20, 2015

I love wrapping paper...It's in the bag




Wrapping up the year with "Wrapping paper"...beautiful, quality foil wrapping paper from Costco inspired me to use this product to make my own personal gift bags. It has the printed grid line on the inside so it's easy to cut out large sections. I used a brown paper bag to spray adhesive on manila card stock [recycled file folders] to reinforce the bags stability. I had the tissue and ribbons and found a use for the medal enhancements applied with a glue dot.  


I'm so delighted with these charming little bags, I could do an ensemble, cover a journal, make any size envelope, gift tags and I could even cut paper bows. Perfect little somethings for guests or hosts and hostess'. I want to stop right now and make the envelopes and bows.
Sometime later I'm back...
Here they are: a gift card to Justice "Just for girls" for my granddaughter Rylee in an envelope made from wrapping paper topped by a bow.




 Back to the bags
 I fussy cut the snowman from an envelope then covered him with glossy accents, the same with the old auto, the lamp post I cut with Cricut and the tree and sentiment are die cuts.


I made the little ornaments , pictured below... I will add  these to the bags along with some chocolate covered pretzels, peppermint bark and a truffle or two. Now I will have to come up with an idea for my grandson's gift card. 


To me Christmas was always about gifting something home made. My Grandfather worked with wood, so he would build little animal stools for us, my Grandmother baked cookies and presented each of us (at the time there were 13 grandchildren) our own collection of cookies all wrapped up with some Hershey kisses.
My father refurbished old bikes for us and my mom sewed us new outfits and matching doll clothes. It was a time before the shopping malls and on line shopping. 

This year my brother in law and sister's visit included gifts of hot pepper jelly, pepper butter and assorted canned goodies...all grown, harvested, smoked by the two of them. Labeled with her homemade logo. For years, Kit (pet name for my sister) created calendars for family members. We all looked forward to receiving them and understand that it became to time consuming to continue. We now enjoy the scrubbies she crochets and the tasty treats she shares. Home made love.



Times have changed...and I'm not a great shopper...especially  when these grand-kids have a plethora of everything they want or need. Truly blessed with generous parents.

I'll let them choose what they want...that's why I buy gift cards...
all wrapped up in home made love.


5 comments:

  1. Your bags, tags, and cards turned out beautiful! I love the wrapping paper with the grid on the back and have also used it to make my own gift bags.
    When my boys were younger I always made handmade gifts......how time have changed, but I do really miss it. I've been trying to teach my GDs to hand make gifts.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Creative project Carole. Excellent.

    Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use wrapping paper for gift bags. I purchased a roll of wrapping paper many years ago at Sam's club...been using that same BIG roll of paper forever! (and still have some) May try your idea... We mostly give gift cards these days too.

    In reply to your comment on my blog....Yes...I would definitely be interested...(maybe sometime after Christmas. I am going to email you my phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by again,
    Hope you had a very Merry Christmas
    and I hope you have a Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags are so amazing. They are absolutely beautiful. My friend from http://www.paperwriting.xyz/ said that your bags look better than the gifts that can be there) Of course those ornaments are very beautiful. Such talented person does everything look pretty. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.