Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas cards



While checking out entries for Less Is More Challenge I saw a card I just loved and immediately decided to do something similar. Then I challenged myself to use the same design and create different versions.


These two are made with a platinum shimmer paper for the base and the oval cut. Snowy glitter paper was used for the scallop cut. The ovals are embossed using Swiss Dots and a swirly bird embossing folder. The base is outlined by scoring 1/4" around the border.


The leaves I created by drawing a cluster of 3 , cutting them by hand then scanning to my computer. From my SCAL program I traced the leaves to create an svg file then sized them to 2.5" and cut several for these cards. The ribbon and the spray of pearls are attached with glue dots. I will probably use silver sentiment stickers "Merry Christmas" or "Seasons Greetings" centered at the bottom of the card. 


The second 2 cards are made using a textured off white card stock. The ovals are smaller cuts on very white card stock then placed in the center of the card. I used used smaller leaves on one with a white bow and holly leaves with a red bow for the other. So now as I look at them the shimmer cards have a very formal fancy feel. I prefer the all white card compared to the card with the red bow. 
What do you think? Which one do you prefer? I'm sure I can come up with several different variations for this simple design. How about you. Subtle differences are fun...doing the same thing repeatedly becomes dull and  boring.
 I took several pictures of my craft space in the middle of making these cards. My space gets so cluttered.... then my head gets to spinning ... so I have to stop and put things away before I can continue. Does this happen to you? So many questions today, I wonder does anybody read all this stuff? Well that's all for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll post the pictures of my craft room. Normally I end my posts with a quote...I know my sister enjoys them. I'd like to take a vote - Do you enjoy the quotes - it doesn't matter - or you didn't even notice.

 Be well - Carole.





2 comments:

  1. Funny how differently our eyes see, you & me/yours & mine/thee & thine. I nearly feel a bit defensive on the one with the bit o'color but the bow is a strong statement. Perhaps the red could be a 'pearl' berry? I VOTE FOR THE QUOTE - not only for the blog effect but also for the an effect you may not yet have considered: THAT is the accordionistic e-x-p-a-n-s-i-o-n that it offers to the mind of an artist who practices paperia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely--thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.